Logga
CIGARRPRAT

Första sidan | Ny tråd | Carlscorona Cigarrklubb | Om forumet | Nollställ alla N

FAQ | Sök: Sök även i namnfältet

Ämne: Luktsinne
Skrivet av: Martin Nilsson
Tid: 2005-10-07 15:18:41

Nja, jag hade nog inte valt att tända en god cigarr direkt efter pipan Dock lär du dagen efter vara hyffsat i stånd att göra så utan alltför stora problem. Vidare är Royal Yacht lite ett fall a part, då det förefaller som om man antingen gillar den skarp (som jag ex.v.) eller ratar den med superlativ. I sammanhanget kan jag inte annat än att bifoga ett utlåtande om densamme:
"I am not a sheep. I do not follow the crowd. Never have, never will. I like to make up my own mind. So when I heard about this blend and the extreme positions that were held about it, I knew that I had to try it.

And I did try it. I really did. I tried it fresh out of the tin. I tried it a week later and I tried it several months later. I tried it in little bowls and larger bowls. I tried it in a box and with a fox and...I will not smoke this here or there I will not smoke it anywhere. I do not like this Royal Yacht, I will not smoke this, I will not.

This is the one tobacco that I have tried that made me physically ill. Not because of the nicotine strength, which I found very enjoyable, but because it was actually nauseating. My stomach did flips and gurgled and I felt like I had indigestion. Several times after smoking this I had to take an ant-acid.

Really there is only one other thing I can compare this to. When I was living in Micronesia I was in a situation in which I was more or less forced into eating a fruit bat. It was boiled in coconut milk and served with the little leathery wing hanging out of the bowl. To eat any of the meat you had to gnaw around the shoulder bone and since they didn't remove any of the fur, the grease painted your upper lip and the aroma was simply overwhelming; a cross between hot fat, coconut candy and a rat.

Smoking Royal Yacht is a similar experience. 
The economics of pipe tobacco production being what they are, I suppose that Dunhill feel they must cover all kinds and conditions, and so produce unspeakably awful crap like Royal Yacht. It goes perfectly with lava lamps, velvet paintings of bosomy mammas, and Mantovani/1001 Strings vinyl LPs.

Traditional British blenders are just not attuned to the world of aromatics (any more that their compatriots understand Haute Cuisine), and should leave such things to the sensible Dutch and Danes, who have been doing it right for ever.

This baby has all the flavourful charm and sweet redolence of slightly gangrenous horse meat. 
In conclusion, dear manufacturers of Dunhill:

Please keep your drain cleaner in the cupboard under the sink, and don't use it to cure tobacco. Sodium hydroxide is very dangerous and does not taste good when used to cure chopped up rubberbands and the end product of porcine peristalsis. "

Hela tråden

ÄmneTidSkrivet av
N Luktsinne07:32 den 7 oktober 2005Larshak
      N Luktsinne08:39 den 7 oktober 2005COJ
           N Luktsinne09:00 den 7 oktober 2005Daniel
                N Luktsinne09:32 den 7 oktober 2005Magnus Stensson
                     N Luktsinne09:45 den 7 oktober 2005Daniel
           N Luktsinne10:33 den 7 oktober 2005Larshak
      N Luktsinne13:36 den 7 oktober 2005Martin Nilsson
           N Luktsinne14:54 den 7 oktober 2005Larshak
                N Luktsinne20:52 den 7 oktober 2005Rabbe
                     N Luktsinne15:35 den 10 oktober 2005COJ